The Alameda Soccer Club (ASC) would like to welcome you to the Referee community!
How to Qualify to become a referee
- Create a userid on learning.ussoccer.com
- Sign up for the ASC hosted course https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/courses/available/6/details/3842.
- Go to “My courses”
- Select your course, then click Go To Classroom
- Select the “assignments” tab at the top of the page when you are in your course
- Please pay for the Course Fee ($75) and Background Check (if required) – These costs will be reimbursed by ASC when you start Refereeing ASC games in the Fall Season.
- Be sure to complete all 4 assignments and make sure you have a green check mark on each assignment.
- Take the Background Check if required (not required if you are under 18 years old)
- Take the Safesport course
- All steps, even the BG check, needs to be cleared before you can attend the field session
Please email email@example.com to ensure you have completed ALL the steps.
The planned Field Session is on Saturday, September 4th from 9am~12noon at a location TBD - so all of these parts MUST be completed before this time - even the background check.
Your uniform and equipment will be paid by Alameda Soccer Club including:
- 1 Referee Short Sleeve Shirt – Yellow
- 1 Pair of Referee Shorts
- 1 Pairs of Referee socks
- 1 Set of Referee Flags
- 1 Referee game whistles
- 1 Set of Referee Game Cards, Yellow & Red Cards
- 1 Referee Coin
Once you have taken the course and passed the test, ASC will provide mentoring, education and training on an on-going basis throughout the year.
ASC will also pay for your annual USSF renewal fee as long as you remain affiliated with an ASC team and complete 6 games each for the Spring & Fall Seasons.